We are so excited to bring our riders a unique and technologically advanced mobile app that can extend the functionality of many of our bikes and help riders Enjoy Every Ride. This page is intended to be a general user guide for the Serial 1 mobile app. However, note that we are constantly working to update and improve our app through feedback from riders like you, and so this page may not accurately reflect all functionalities currently present in the app.
NOTE: The screenshots below are representative of the app on a mobile device running Android 12 in Dark Mode. Your screen may look slightly different depending on the device.
The first time a user downloads and opens the Serial 1 App there will be different requirements and screens shown compared to when the app is used the next time. Here we will walk through these first-time setup screens.
Download the App
Both Android and iOS users can download the Serial 1 mobile app on their respective app stores. The QR code above will take users to links to both app stores.
Create An Account
- On the first screen there is an option to "Create An Account" or "Login". Select "Create An Account".
- If "Continue With Google" is selected, the user then chooses which Google account they want to use for registering (not pictured). If "Continue With Email" is selected, the user will be taken to the third screen where they can enter an email and choose a password. Once the information is entered, select "Create An Account". On iOS there is also an option to use an Apple login.
- Once your registration is complete the user will receive an email acknowledgement.
Add a Bike
Once the user has successfully registered an account within the app, it's time to add a bike to the Virtual Garage! The first page to pop up will prompt the user to walk through this process.
- In order to add a bike to the Virtual Garage the bike must be a current model year (MY22), which includes the necessary hardware to make the connection. Riders with Model Year 2021 (MY21) bikes can still register in the app and use all Google Maps navigation functions, but will be unable to add the bike to the Virtual Garage. To determine the model year of a bike, please reference our Serial Number explanation linked here.
- Users must be near a bike that is turned on with a charged battery installed.
- The bike being added to the Virtual Garage cannot already be registered to another user. If you purchased this bike from another user directly, we recommend working with that user to delete the bike from their Virtual Garage.
Assemble Your Bike
The user can choose to view a video walkthrough for assembling a Serial 1 bike, otherwise this can be bypassed by selecting "It's already assembled".
MY21 bike owners should select "I don't have a Serial 1 eBike yet". This will allow the app to be used for navigation without requiring a bike to be added to the Virtual Garage.
To successfully pair a (MY22) bike via Bluetooth, the bike must be nearby and powered on and Bluetooth must be activated on the user's mobile device. Once the user selects "Pair your eBike", the app will search for nearby bikes.
Available bikes to pair will be shown with their Bluetooth Device ID displayed. The user should select the available option.
NOTE: If multiple bikes are presented as options to connect to, the bike that is successfully paired will flash the headlight.
Scan or Type The Code
Once the bike has connected via Bluetooth, the app will request the bike's Serial Number be entered. This can be done using the device's camera or by manually typing the code in. Once entered the SN should be saved.
NOTE: For best results it may be beneficial to turn on the device's flashlight feature to help illuminate the SN.
Provide eBike Details
Once the SN is added the user can provide additional details on the bike as will be displayed in the Virtual Garage. In particular, a personalized name can be typed in and the region/color option chosen.
NOTE: This information cannot be manually modified later. If the user wishes to rename their bike or choose a different color representation, the bike must be deleted and re-added.
The bike has now been added to the user's Virtual Garage. The next few screens note the existence of Pinpoint Mode, the free data plan subscription and expiration, and confirmation of completed on-boarding.
Along the bottom of the app, visible at all times, is a Navigation Bar to help the user move within the app and access all the different functions quickly. As shown from left to right: