If your Serial 1 e-bike has been stored for some time, possibly due to seasonality or travel, there are a few things that should be checked before riding to ensure the bicycle is ready to ride. Even though every Serial 1 e-bike is designed to be low maintenance, some safety and performance details need to be confirmed in order to have a safe and enjoyable riding experience.
In this overview, we’ll address six areas to pay attention to before riding. This is not an all-encompassing list, and having a Serial 1 dealer perform a pre-season check is a good option. Details of several of these steps and other technical resources can be found on the Serial 1 Help Center website or the Serial 1 YouTube channel.
- Make sure the battery has a full state of charge to it.
- You can check this by holding the button down on the battery.
- Use the battery charging adapter and charge the battery off the bike in an area where the temperature is above 32 degrees Fahrenheit or 0 degrees Celsius.
- While the battery is removed from the bike, take time to inspect the battery compartment. Confirm that the latch in the compartment is moving freely back and forth (you can check this with the touch of your finger). The spring in the compartment should move freely up and down (you can check this with the touch of your finger).
- Check to see that the terminals are clean and that there is no debris where it doesn’t belong.
- Once the battery is charged and showing four, solid-blue bars, put your battery back in the bike.
- Are there any noises coming from them?
- Travel at low speed in a safe location to check that they stop solidly and predictably.
If there are new noises you may need to plan a visit to your dealer to be sure your brakes are in good shape. If you end up needing to replace the pads be sure to bed them in properly.
- Refamiliarize yourself with the controller. Cycle through the functions such as boost mode, lights, walk mode, and speedometer. Make sure your Enviolo app is updated to the newest version and upload any updates to your Enviolo hub.
- Be sure your grips and saddle are in good condition. Grips should be free of damage that could cause them to fail and fall off the handlebars during use. Saddle / seatpost height should be verified to your fit.
- Check all Torque values. Confirm the torque specifications on your e-bike are correct. Proper torque values of bolts on the bike such as, handlebar, stem and seatpost are crucial to the safe operation of your Serial 1 e-bike. Check your Owners Manual for more information.
If you have any questions regarding getting your bike ready to ride after a period of storage, please contact your local Serial 1 dealer or Serial 1 Support (email@example.com). You can also view our video about getting ready to ride and other helpful videos on our YouTube channel.